Journalists from Tamilnadu appealed to their state media to cover the on-going West Bengal post-poll violence in their media houses.
All print and visual media
West Bengal elections and height of violence & carnage
Elections and democracy are inseparable. Elections are an important element of a democracy. Success and failure are common. It is natural in politics for the victors to accept this wholeheartedly and for the losers to remain silent.
On the other hand the actions of Mamata Banerjee, the Trinamool Congress leader who won in West Bengal, are different. Violence is rampant – murder, robbery, arson, sexual assault all the unspeakable things are happening. Ordinary innocent people are being forced to leave their hometowns, becoming refugees in their own country by seeking refuge in neighbouring states.
A state similar took place during the Partition of India
Civilized society must oppose and question such barbaric acts of violence. Everyone, including young people, must question on social media. The anarchy of the victor must be brought to the public.
The media has a responsibility to question and expose the truth against these, but these acts of violence are getting deliberately covered up by the Tamil print and visual media. This is unfortunate.
If some individual is getting murdered in some corner of the country by some set of people, it is talked and widely debated in Tamil Media while violence in West Bengal is getting covered up and media is watching it like a silent audience. This unreasonable silence shakes our conscience. All of us in the media are expressing our condemnation of the atrocities unleashed by the Trinamool Congress in West Bengal.
- Dravida Mayai Subbu (Writer, Senior Journalist)
- Kolahala Srenivaas (Writer, Senior Journalist)
- Aravinda Neelakandan (Writer, Senior Journalist)
- Mediyaan – mediyaan.com
- Vijayabharatham Nationalist Weekly – www.vijayabharatham.org
- Kathir News – kathir.news
- Orey Naadu Magazine – oreynaadu.com
- Thamarai – thamaraimedia.com
- Dhinasari – dhinasari.com
- News Guru – newsguru.news
- Tamilthamarai – tamilthamarai.com
- Swaraj Tamil – www.com
- Avatar News – avatarnews.in
- Thecommunemag – www.thecommunemag.com
- Meru News – www.merunews.com
- Shree TV
- Enge Bharatham
- Sudesi Magazine
- Kongu Nanbargal Sangam
- Hindu Murasu
- National Journalist Welfare Association
Contact at : firstname.lastname@example.org